Using a mix of avocado, almond milk, and cocoa powder, this “instant” chocolate pudding, full of flavonoids and unsaturated “healthy” fats, is delicious at any time. It's also gluten free. A tea cup serving of this treat will satisfy any sweet tooth without second thoughts.
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey, plus Stevia additional as needed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Flaky sea salt - if you like
- Scoop the avocado flesh into your blender container and then add the almond milk, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Puree on high speed for one minute, or until a creamy consistency. Stop to scrape down the sides, as needed.
- Taste and add additional honey or stevia if needed. The goal is subtle sweetness to balance the richness of the cocoa and avocado.
- Spoon (or pipe, using a zipper storage bag with the corner cut off) the pudding into tea cups or small ramekins.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Prior to serving, sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top.
- Calories: 180
- Total fat: 11 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 130 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 22 g
- Dietary fiber: 7 g
- Sugars: 13 g
- Protein: 3 g
- A Kaiser Permanente Health Recipe